cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2011 04:23:32 GMT
Strange. I checked my local repo, and I don't even have the JMS jars in it. Also apache-snapshots
repo mentioned in the error message (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/)
is only mentioned in <distributionManagement> section. Why would maven try it as a source
of artifacts?

$ find . -name pom.xml |xargs grep m2-snapshot-repository
./pom.xml:				scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

Which version of Maven is that and what are the command you are running?

We can exclude javax.jms from oscache dependencies explicitly in the POM (it is not need to
run the build), but I don't understand why is it loaded?

Andrus

On Aug 26, 2011, at 11:36 PM, Robert Zeigler wrote:

> Hm. Maybe I'm missing something...
>
> I just tried with a clean repo:
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1
>
>  Try downloading the file manually from:
>      http://java.sun.com/products/jms/docs.html
>
>  Then, install it using the command:
>      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.jms -DartifactId=jms -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

>  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=javax.jms -DartifactId=jms -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

>  Path to dependency:
>  	1) org.apache.cayenne.build-tools:maven-cayenne-build-plugin:maven-plugin:3.1-SNAPSHOT
>  	2) opensymphony:oscache:jar:2.4.1
>  	3) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1
>
> ----------
> 1 required artifact is missing.
>
> for artifact:
>  org.apache.cayenne.build-tools:maven-cayenne-build-plugin:maven-plugin:3.1-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/),
>  objectstyle (http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/groups/cayenne-deps)
>

> Robert
>
> On Aug 26, 2011, at 8/263:09 PM , Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Just for kicks, tried to build Cayenne with empty maven repo before updating from
trunk. Got a quick failure related to Caucho artifacts. Cleaned up local repo again then updated
to the latest trunk with Dzmitry's POM changes. Now it builds without a glitch.

>> I think 3.0 build revival on Jenkins today is not coincidental either.
>>
>> Andrus

>>> So I guess we just do it.
>>>
>>> The plan is to have 2 repos (Maven central - proxy, and "third-party" - hosted)
combined into a virtual Nexus repository. That single repository will be referenced from all
Cayenne POMs. Its URL is currently http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/groups/cayenne-deps/

>>> Right now myself and Dzmitry have Nexus accounts. I'll create accounts for other
committers upon request.

>>> Coincidentally we also need a repo for Eclipse dependencies of the plugin that
Eshan has developed. So this will come in handy very soon.

>>> Andrus

flat file repo. I am planning to open write access to it to all Cayenne committers. Read access
will be available to anybody. Of course the open source edition of Nexus doesn't have staging
capabilities. Wonder how bad it will be if we completely proxy Maven central through maven.objectstyle.org...
On the positive side it should speed up the builds and prevent the cross-repo artifacts origin
confusion. On the downside, suddenly I am signing up to provide a critical piece of Cayenne
infrastructure, hosted outside Apache.