cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:54:16 GMT
Yes, but we can't put third-party artifacts in there.

In fact we will be using Apache Nexus ... for Cayenne release staging ,etc. But this is separate.

Andrus

On Aug 26, 2011, at 2:51 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> Hello Andrus,
>
> have you seen the Apache Nexus installation?
> https://repository.apache.org/index.html
>
> Cheers
> Christian
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>> Wonder how bad it will be if we completely proxy Maven central through maven.objectstyle.org...
>>
>> So I guess we just do it.
>>
>> The plan is to have 2 repos (Maven central - proxy, and "third-party" - hosted) combined
into a virtual Nexus repository. That single repository will be referenced from all Cayenne
POMs. Its URL is currently http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/groups/cayenne-deps/

>> Right now myself and Dzmitry have Nexus accounts. I'll create accounts for other
committers upon request.

>> Coincidentally we also need a repo for Eclipse dependencies of the plugin that Eshan
has developed. So this will come in handy very soon.

>> Andrus
>>

>> On Jul 24, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>>> Just setup Nexus (open source edition) at ObjectStyle: http://maven.objectstyle.org/
>>>
>>> I will try to configure it next week, load needed artifacts and retire objectstyle.org/maven2
flat file repo. I am planning to open write access to it to all Cayenne committers. Read access
will be available to anybody. Of course the open source edition of Nexus doesn't have staging
capabilities. Wonder how bad it will be if we completely proxy Maven central through maven.objectstyle.org...
On the positive side it should speed up the builds and prevent the cross-repo artifacts origin
confusion. On the downside, suddenly I am signing up to provide a critical piece of Cayenne
infrastructure, hosted outside Apache.