cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: docbook - continued
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 13:40:28 GMT

On Aug 28, 2011, at 12:30 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> I am less concerned about syntax coloring though, more about code blocks standing out
on the page via a different background color and/or border. Especially since the PDF version
is likely be black and white (?)

Same thing for the tables. I just started on Appendix A (a list of Cayenne properties) and
the big font used for the <code> blocks and the lack of borders and backgrounds make
them a bit unreadable in either HTML or PDF formats.

Also even though we only have like 5% of the new docs ready, I think this maybe the 5% that
matters. I almost finished all the DI and ServerRuntime chapters. So we should consider publishing
this on the site and with the upcoming release.

BTW, working on the docs now allows me to take a user view of the framework, and I am noticing
things that we can polish a bit. Two most obvious points:

1. DI property names per Appendix A (make them shorter and more symmetrical)

2. Default modeler object naming (UntitledDomain, UntiltledDomainMap) trickles to the XML
file naming, so we'd rather come up with something that makes sense. E.g. "project" for domains
(there can be only 1 per project in 3.1), "datamap", "datamap1", etc. for DataMaps. These
will result in cleaner file names like cayenne-project.xml, datamap.map.xml etc.).

Andrus