cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration Class?
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:10:27 GMT
Hi Andrus,

thanks, that helped already. But one more question. I use the
CayenneFilter which uses WebUtil to put my ServerRuntime. If I want to
get it again, I use that bunch of code (this refers to Struts 2 Action
ServletContextAware).

CayenneRuntime cayenneRuntime =
WebUtil.getCayenneRuntime(this.getServletContext());
ServerRuntime serverRuntime = ((ServerRuntime)cayenneRuntime);
serverRuntime.getDataDomain();

I was just surprise that getDataDomain() is not in CayenneRuntime. It
seemed to me that would be the logical place. I can see getChannel and
getContext is in CayenneRuntime too. So, why not getDataDomain?

Cheers,
Christian

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> the approach is essentially the same (until we switch transaction factory to DI that
is) - you need a hold of DataDomain instance, and use it to create transactions. In 3.1 You'd
get DataDomain from ServerRuntime:

--
http://www.grobmeier.de