cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Value of starting the Modeler from Maven
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 13:07:41 GMT
Would it surprise you that I found at least two guys here running CM
out of Maven?  I hope so, because it surprised me.  This was on OS X,
too, and it looked pretty pathetic.  I've since convinced them to use
the .app, but there are definitely people out there who use it from
Maven.

mrg

PS. That's not to imply supporting it is a requirement.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> On top of our other woes with certain Maven deps not being available on central, we have
to support starting the Modeler from Maven. E.g.: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1580
So I am coming back to the question of "do we care to support maven-cayenne-modeler-plugin":

> http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/maven2-modeler.html
>
> ? We had a discussion about it some years ago, but I am still puzzled who would use it.
>
> If we decide that we need to keep supporting it, somebody needs to take care of the deps.
If we fail to submit them all to central, one option may be rolling out a real Maven repo
manager on objectstyle.org (probably Nexus) and start maintaining all our dependencies there.