cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: @SortWeight annotation
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:57:43 GMT
Hi Andrus,

The @SortWeight seems to be working, at least in my limited tests.
I'm concerned that it is too easy to weight it into the wrong place
and introduce another incompatibility.  It almost seems like an
@DependsUpon(XYZ.class) would be a better approach.  Then move the
sort weight of the class that depends upon XYZ to be higher than XYZ.
Thoughts?

Thanks,

mrg

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> This is pretty straightforward. Here is an example:
>
> // create custom module:
> class CayenneExtrasModule implements Module {
>
>        @Override
>        public void configure(Binder binder) {
>                binder.bind(EntitySorter.class).to(WeightedAshwoodEntitySorter.class);
>        }
> }
>
> // use it when creating Cayenne runtime:
> ServerRuntime runtime = new ServerRuntime("cayenne-xyz.xml", new CayenneExtrasModule());
>

> Andrus
>

> On Jul 20, 2011, at 4:26 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrus,
>>
>> Since I'm completely new to the DI stuff in 3.1, how do I install the
>> WeightedAshwoodEntitySorter in the DI container?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> mrg
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Andrus Adamchik
>> <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>> @SortWeight may help (unless the cycle is between the objects of the same type).
You will need to install WeightedAshwoodEntitySorter in the DI container to take advantage
of it.