cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Ashwood Issues
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:43:38 GMT
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 3:15 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Is this going to be a general purpose sorter or something specifically targeting your
model? I.e. can we use it in Cayenne as a second generation sorter that does all AshwoodEntitySorter
does, plus handles extra scenarios?

That is my intention.  There is nothing in it specific to the model
that is causing us grief with Ashwood, but I am trying to fix what
isn't working for us with Ashwood and hope it will work for all other
models, too.  I'll have to get my customer to file a Corporate CLA,
though, to officially commit it as a second sorter.  Even though I
worked on it on my own time over the weekend, they are also paying for
me to work on it as a fix to our current commit issues.

> Now overriding standard services in DI runtime for unit tests can be done by patching
org.apache.cayenne.unit.di.server.ServerRuntimeProvider. See an inner class called ServerExtraModule.
This is where you'd bind your sorter.

Awesome, thanks!  It might be another day or two before I get to it,
but I definitely want to try it against all of the current Cayenne
tests.

mrg