cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Gsoc Project Update
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2011 09:34:19 GMT
Hi Eshan,

Thanks for your work on the plugin. Ksenia showed me the latest version of the plugin on her
machine (we happen to work for the same company with her). Very nice progress.

A question to both Ksenia and Eshan - is there anything committable at this point? I haven't
seen any of that going to SVN yet. Would be nice if we start committing this code.

Cheers,
Andrus

On Jul 15, 2011, at 10:54 PM, Eshan Sudharaka wrote:
> Thanks for thevaluable ideas which leads me to do my job properly and I got
> a e-mail from Google Open Source Programs Team and according to it I have
> passed from the midterm evaluation. And Special thank should goes to Ksenia.
> Looking forward to work with the team for next updates.
>
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>wrote:
>
>> I have no problem if we change DefaultActionManager etc. on the Cayenne end
>> to be easily extendable class. CayenneModeler configuration of internal
>> classes has lots of shortcuts, as it never assumed other apps using or
>> extending this code. Now it is time to evolve it.
>>
>> Andrus
>>
>> On Jul 10, 2011, at 1:12 PM, Ksenia Khailenko wrote:
>>
>>> Andrus, look at this one, please. We have the DefaultActionManager with
>>> final property which we want to override. It is possible to create an
>>> another implementation of ActionManager, but in fact in this case, we
>>> duplicate a lot of code...

>> patch

>> actions
>> add
>> add

>> it

>> ProjectAction.getActionName().equals(name)
>> in

XML files

the naming

similar