cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: OSCache is gone
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:52:27 GMT
Yeah, sort of saw this coming... I am using OSCache actively on a number of projects.

OSCache provides one possible implementation of advanced caching facilities for Cayenne. We
can easily roll out a new one (even prior to 3.1 and DI this piece was pluggable), EHCache
or something like that. And of course OSCache won't suddenly stop working. After all it is
available in source and binary forms in public Maven repos:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/opensymphony/oscache/
and also http://java.net/downloads/oscache/

We can put it on Gihub ourselves and keep maintaining it there for Cayenne needs for as long
as it takes.

Anyways, thanks for the update. The worst impact it will have on us now is from a user perception
angle. So we should probably start writing an EHCache provider...

Andrus