cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: pk generation strategy and multiple databases
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:25:56 GMT

On Jul 13, 2011, at 7:16 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> But if the model xml files point to (say) a Derby db and then you switch the DataSourceFactory
to (say) MS-SQL, then I suspect the default PK strategy isn't being changed at the same time,
since Derby and MS-SQL have different defaults.

Default strategy is tied to DbAdapter. Assuming you use AutoAdapter or if you change the adapter
in runtime via API, the default strategy of that adapter will be used.

> I am not saying that it should switch, but it does make the concept of 'default' a bit
confusing.

Actually I does, and I am the first one to admit it. We should probably rename it to "adapter-defined
strategy".

Andrus