cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: M3?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:20:51 GMT
Moved a little bit down this path. Experimenting with a dummy 3.1X1 "release" on a branch.
With some tweaking of my local keystores, GPG plugin settings, etc. etc., I was able to run
release:prepare. You can see the result of this action on a branch in SVN (r1148890, 1148891,
1148893) :

mvn release:prepare -DautoVersionSubmodules=true

The next step:

mvn release:perform

got stuck with an error

[INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.5:deploy
(default-deploy) on project cayenne-parent: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer
artifact org.apache.cayenne:cayenne-parent:pom:3.1X1 from/to apache.releases.https (https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2):
Error transferring file: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException:
the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty -> [Help 1]

My random guess was that we need a special Nexus setup, so I opened this Jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3786
and now waiting for the infra reaction.

From what I've seen so far, adopting maven-release-plugin may not be such a bad idea. So we
are slowly overcoming one of the last pieces of the mavenphobia in Cayenne, which is probably
a sign that Maven is old enough and soon we'll have an itch to try out Gradle or some other
new shiny thing :-)

I will keep the list posted on further progress.

Andrus

On Jul 19, 2011, at 11:06 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> We might actually give up and go with the flow for the Maven release process per http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html
I hope that using the advised process that includes the staging repo would allow us to test
Maven dependency issues before the release and avoid current embarrassment. I may give it
a try with M3.

> Andrus
>

> On Jul 13, 2011, at 8:35 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> I am going to post M3 artifacts for vote soon. As an M2 user, I need CAY-1526 fix
(see a list of closed jiras below), and we also have one new major feature to show - CAY-943.
Plus as usual a number of other cool things.

>> If there are no objections, I'll try to get it together around this weekend.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrus
>>

>> Changes/New Features Since 3.1M2:
>>
>> CAY-943 Support multiple cayenne.xml files in the project
>> CAY-1461 CayenneModeler: remove ScopeMVC dependency - ObjRelationshipInfoDialog
>> CAY-1556 Add path construction feature to make constructing paths from constants
easier for queries and orderings