cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Configuration Class?
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:09:59 GMT

On Jul 25, 2011, at 7:01 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> You wrote, ObjectContext is some kind of a "disconnected" object. If I
> create two new objects in the ObjectContext, when does the transaction
> start exactly?

When you call ObjectContext.commitChanges() (or performQuery() for that matter). Tx is started
when an operation reaches DataDomain. Check uses of non-public DataDomain.runInTransaction()
- this is the method that does tx wrapping.

> Is it when I call "registerNew" on the first object or
> is it when I commit my changes (it then would create a transaction,
> commit both new objects, close transaction)?

The later. Any changes to objects within a context are not wrapped in a transaction, can span
multiple requests, etc., etc.

Andrus