cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: pk generation strategy and multiple databases
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:16:37 GMT
On 14/07/11 2:05 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Default is same as before - a per-adapter strategy of generating PK. The above mentioned
sentence is about DB-generated strategy. It is not supported on all DB's due to driver limitations.
So some Cayenne adapters have it on, others don't.

But if the model xml files point to (say) a Derby db and then you switch the DataSourceFactory
to (say) MS-SQL, then I suspect the default PK strategy isn't being changed at the same time,
since Derby and MS-SQL have different defaults. I am not saying that it should switch, but
it does make the concept of 'default' a bit confusing.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis