cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Value of starting the Modeler from Maven
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:53:55 GMT
On top of our other woes with certain Maven deps not being available on central, we have to
support starting the Modeler from Maven. E.g.: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1580
So I am coming back to the question of "do we care to support maven-cayenne-modeler-plugin":

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/maven2-modeler.html

? We had a discussion about it some years ago, but I am still puzzled who would use it.

If we decide that we need to keep supporting it, somebody needs to take care of the deps.
If we fail to submit them all to central, one option may be rolling out a real Maven repo
manager on objectstyle.org (probably Nexus) and start maintaining all our dependencies there.

(maybe this is the question for the user list also)

Andrus