cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Gsoc project Patch
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:42:50 GMT

On Jun 21, 2011, at 4:46 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> Isn't there a process for submitting artifacts to central?

BTW, I tried to investigate that for core Cayenne dependencies still sitting on objectstyle.org.
Central has a requirement to have a -src and -javadoc artifacts submitted with the binary.
This is a reasonable expectation for an open source project, but in practice it means a bit
of an effort to prepare a compatible distro.

E.g. it took some time to even find the SVN for Hessian: svn://svn.caucho.com/resin/ And now
I have to checkout everything to find the sources for the right version of Hessian, the figure
out how to build it.

But in case of Eclipse and friends that seems moot, as it is all in their p2 repositories
already. So it is a question of an appropriate adapter, like Tycho. (this is my assumption
anyways; I am not an Eclipse dev of course).

Some more googling shows that Nexus Professional can proxy p2 repos (http://www.sonatype.com/books/nexus-book/reference/p2.html),
which is not very helpful either (we don't have a "canonical" install of Nexus Professional).

Andrus