cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Razumovsky <razumovsky.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gsoc project Patch
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:58:22 GMT
Let me join the discussion..

Eshan, the new dependencies are Eclipse dependencies, right? Are they
*default* Eclipse bundles? If so, it is incorrect to provide them as Maven
dependencies, because they will be included in our bundle, while they are
already in Eclipse. It's also incorrect to rely on certain Eclipse bundles
(like workbench-3.6.1.M20100826-1330.jar), because plugin can be run in
different versions of Eclipse.

I strongly advice you to add all Eclipse bundles via Require-Bundle header
in manifest, and do not mess with Maven currently at all.. We can figure out
how to build plugin using Maven later.
Currently manifest in your patch contains lots of unneeded stuff, it should
be really little (most of Private-Package and Import-Package would go away,
since Eclipse bundles would be attached via Require-Bundle). I'm pretty sure
this is the only correct way.

Good luck!

--
Andrey