cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Ksenia Khailenko <xenia_khaile...@tut.by>
Subject Re: Gsoc project Patch
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 17:35:31 GMT
Hi there!

Eshan, I've applied your patch, and here're some comments:

1) cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin-II - let's choose some more meaningful
name for the project… Say, while it is experimental it can be
cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin-gsoc, and then when we will finish - just
cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin.. I don't like this "II" very much..

2) the root folder ("cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin-II" for now) should also
be included into the patch

3)pom.xml:
<bundle.symbolicName>cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin</bundle.symbolicName>
the symbolic name,artifactId,  and the name of the project should be equal
to the enclosing folder - that's why it is so important to choose the good
name for it; and also, please format your code

4) plugin.patch is useless here - I've included this file into my project in
order not to forget some details from the old Cay-1392, but you don't need
it

5) as for dependencies - are sure we can't use some public repository? say,
this one:
http://www.mvnbrowser.com/artifacts-browse.html?groupId=org.eclipse ? as I
can see, there all the needed dependencies here

6) Add some picture for your editor - hard to find it in list

7) try to launch your plugin not as eclipse application, but as standalone
artifact - the simplest way, when you are copying your jar into plugins
eclipse folder and launching eclipse. this may be not so easy…

I've just tested the building and launching of the project, haven't looked
in depth, but in general, it looks nice, good work!:) I'm looking forward
for your further updates.

--
Regards, Ksenia Khailenko