cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Gsoc Project Update
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:04:57 GMT

On Jun 26, 2011, at 5:45 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> However... nothing prevents us from changing the naming convention again. After all 3.1
is not final yet (not even Beta). We might as well adopt another "double extension":

> Main project file: xyz.cayenne.xml
> DataMap file: xyz.map.xml
>
> This will ensure both types of files follow a similar convention, and make them Eclipse-friendly.

Also the beauty of Cayenne 3.1 is that the name of the project file is specified explicitly
when the runtime is started, so the file can really be called anything (doesn't even have
to have .xml extension). So the focus of this discussion is the tools (CayenneModeler, Eclipse,
etc..), not the runtime.

Andrus