cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Confluence migration
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 15:43:49 GMT
Yeah, SO isn't a wiki.  It is a Q&A forum where answers can be voted
up/down.  The theory being that helpful answers will bubble to the top
of the replies so you don't have to read through everything.

I need to look into DocBook more.  I am also interested in the ability
to output EPUB with it.  I think in the next couple years e-readers
(and/or tablets) are going to be much more popular and it would be
good to have a format designed for those devices so people can carry
the docs around to read about Cayenne.

mrg

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Yeah I am semi-following that discussion. SO is not a wiki though. If I understand correctly
it is mentioned as something that can potentially replace mailing lists for the purposes of
user support?

> Andrus

something like StackOverflow might be a reasonable alternative to a wiki. More FAQ than documentation,
but perhaps useful for us.

>>> Wiki is good for creating arbitrary unstructured content, such as mock specs,
board reports and what not. IIRC Confluence will still be supported as Wiki (but not as a
site engine). So hopefully (2) can stay as is (something to check).