cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Ksenia Khailenko <xenia_khaile...@tut.by>
Subject Fwd: Regarding initial steps for GSOC project
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 09:40:33 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ksenia Khailenko <xenia_khailenka@tut.by>
Date: 2011/5/12
Subject: Re: Regarding initial steps for GSOC project
To: Eshan Sudharaka <esudharaka@gmail.com>

Hi there! I've committed my old project to the sandbox(
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cayenne/sandbox/cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin/),
but it is not compilable, because of lots of change in modeler during this
year(at least, modeler has been moved from frameworks folder).

for convenience, I committed "plugin.patch" to the root of this project as
well, which has the same content as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12435689/Research-eclipse-plugin-for-opening-cayenne-modeler.patch

Except of moving modeler subproject to another folder, there was greatly
developed DI-Container, which introduced new capabilities. so, the
instantiation of relevant entities as "Application", "ActionManager", etc
can be done now in a more beautiful way.

So, I think it is a good task for you - to sort out the working of
DI-Container and the way of creating own Module for injection in your
plugin.

Sorry for the confusing explanations, don't hesitate to ask what is unclear.

I'm looking forward for the first results from you, may be some initial
plugin project would be enough for the first time.

--
Regards, Ksenia Khailenko

--
Regards, Ksenia Khailenko