cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: docbook
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 00:25:25 GMT

On May 25, 2011, at 8:17 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> The best guide for writing docbook format is the online SageHill site.
>
>  http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/

Checking it out now.

> By far the best tool for writing docbook is Oxygen. We have had an offer for free licenses
for the Cayenne committers, should we go down the docbook path.

Would be nice if we could get it.

> I've tried some html to docbook converters, but the effort to clean up the result was
about equal to the effort in just copying the text over by hand.

I am fine with that. Aside from the lack of time factor, I wouldn't mind going through all
docs and reorganizing them to match the modern version of Cayenne.

> The thing with docbook is that there are 10 ways to do anything. We need to write our
own style guide for the choices we make and keep it consistent. For example, there are about
6 different types of list.

So can you take a lead on that?

Andrus