cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Confluence migration
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 07:47:17 GMT

On May 9, 2011, at 6:03 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> I had a good chat (in person) with Nick Burch who has written a migration script for
Confluence to Markdown for the new Apache CMS. It looks like we can automate at least part
of those process, and I'll look into what is needed for this (but probably not for a couple
of weeks).

Awesome.

> That takes care of the website itself. Now we need to decide what to do about:
>
> 1. Documentation
> 2. Wiki
> 3. Blog/News on the front page
> 4. Main website
>

> For (1) I've already committed some docbook creation scripts. Did anyone get a chance
to try it out and look at the process? I'd like to take a vote on the direction of this and
see who would have time to help convert the docs. I tested some html to docbook converters
and am not sure whether they save time since they introduce quite a lot of mess.

Not yet. A bit overwhelmed with other things these days. But I will.

> I'll need to ask about the preferred Apache way to solve (2). I wonder if something like
StackOverflow might be a reasonable alternative to a wiki. More FAQ than documentation, but
perhaps useful for us.

Wiki is good for creating arbitrary unstructured content, such as mock specs, board reports
and what not. IIRC Confluence will still be supported as Wiki (but not as a site engine).
So hopefully (2) can stay as is (something to check).

> I think (3) can be done within the Apache CMS, but I need to read more about it.
>
> (4) seems simple enough: I'll chat to Nick and play with his conversion scripts. We need
to get a staging site up and running first.