cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Confluence migration
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 22:56:15 GMT
On 10/05/11 1:43 AM, Michael Gentry wrote:
> Yeah, SO isn't a wiki.  It is a Q&A forum where answers can be voted
> up/down.  The theory being that helpful answers will bubble to the top
> of the replies so you don't have to read through everything.

Yes, I wasn't suggesting that SO replaces everything that a wiki does. I also don't believe
that it replaces a user mailing list. But certain things (like the recent question about null
dates in mysql) would be well suited to having greater visibility. And our wiki doesn't get
much love from our users. Part of that could be about the difficulty of getting access, and
part about the difficulty of knowing where to put things. A good FAQ should be fairly flat
(unstructured), have easy to use tagging, a good search, and take less than 5 minutes to create
a new account and post an answer.

> I need to look into DocBook more.

Please run the maven goals I created and see how it works for you. Then if you want lots of
reading, the Sage Hill website has the best documentation available. And the best tool to
play with editing the source is Oxygen/Author.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis