cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Confluence migration
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 03:03:10 GMT
I had a good chat (in person) with Nick Burch who has written a migration script for Confluence
to Markdown for the new Apache CMS. It looks like we can automate at least part of those process,
and I'll look into what is needed for this (but probably not for a couple of weeks).

That takes care of the website itself. Now we need to decide what to do about:

1. Documentation
2. Wiki
3. Blog/News on the front page
4. Main website

For (1) I've already committed some docbook creation scripts. Did anyone get a chance to try
it out and look at the process? I'd like to take a vote on the direction of this and see who
would have time to help convert the docs. I tested some html to docbook converters and am
not sure whether they save time since they introduce quite a lot of mess.

I'll need to ask about the preferred Apache way to solve (2). I wonder if something like StackOverflow
might be a reasonable alternative to a wiki. More FAQ than documentation, but perhaps useful
for us.

I think (3) can be done within the Apache CMS, but I need to read more about it.

(4) seems simple enough: I'll chat to Nick and play with his conversion scripts. We need to
get a staging site up and running first.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis