cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Cayenne site
Date Sun, 01 May 2011 14:21:52 GMT
On 28/04/11 5:58 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Confluence will be decommissioned by Apache infra soon.

I'd say 'soon' will be a very many years. I don't think we should be in any hurry about this,
since there is a lot of work ahead to migrate.

1. Documentation (docbook is the front runner right now I believe)
2. Site (Markdown seems preferred, but that's a lot of work since it doesn't resemble html.
Perhaps we could use raw html instead and look at migrating pages one at a time, or wait for
someone at Apache to write a Confluence -> markdown converter)
3. Wiki (yes, there aren't many people using it, but it would be nice to get a Cayenne wiki
happening with community contributions)

Oh, I've just committed a starting point for the docbook. It is building html and pdf and
I've even got the hooks in there for publishing it to people.a.o. I'd like to see us using
Jenkins to publish automatically, but it seems a bit unreliable right now.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis