cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: maven plugin dependencies
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 06:31:29 GMT

On Apr 7, 2011, at 5:04 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> Looks like we have a problem with the maven plugin.
>
> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.cayenne.plugins/maven-cayenne-modeler-plugin/3.1M2
>
> You can see that there are two issues:
>
> 1. It depends on org.apache.cayenne.unpublished

the scope for that is "provided", so shouldn't be a problem for end users.

> 2. some of the versions are set to ${version}

Not sure this is a problem (wonder how smart Maven is when resolving these vars)...

Still we had some user complaints about this plugin. No specific causes where mentioned IIRC.
Not sure what's the status of those (do we have a Jira?) and whether anyone actually *tried*
using it with a clean local repo?

Andrus