cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Oxygen Licenses (was: Re: Maven: Use of objectstyle.org/maven2 repository)
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 07:58:43 GMT
Confluence will be decommissioned by Apache infra soon. So this is the main problem that we'll
need to solve. Otherwise I am happy with Confluence process. Here is some info on the new
ASF CMS:

http://apache.org/dev/ (CMS links are under "WebSite" section).

I don't know much about it yet. I've seen Apache Wave migrating the site to the new CMS. They
seem to like it.

Andrus

On Apr 28, 2011, at 2:22 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> On 27/04/11 7:15 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> But what about the website (pages under CAYSITE space in Confluence - home page,
downloads page, dev guide, announcements blog, etc.)? These pages are not "docs" and have
different requirements (no need to distribute in PDF) and they can benefit from no-delay publishing.
So I'd give ASF CMS a try for CAYSITE. Maybe we start by migrating this much smaller piece
to ASF CMS and with that experience in mind make the decision about the docs (CAYDOC, CAYDOC30)?

> CAYSITE is definitely not a good fit for docbook. But I also don't see any problem there
which requires us to change anything. Confluence works pretty well for us, and the delayed
publishing process isn't a big deal (except it is a pain when you update the news, but that
is relatively rare).