cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: maven plugin dependencies
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:17:27 GMT
Ok, Ari's message was about the Modeler plugin, so that took me in the wrong direction... I
just did a "clean room" test on cgen, and as I expected "provided" plugins are not the problem.
"cayenne-project-unpublished" is the problem though. So yes, this is a bug, and until we fix
it, the workaround is to build from M2 tag locally and install missing deps in a corporate
repo.

Andrus

Downloading: http://pa-wikis01.nhl.com:8124/artifactory/plugins-releases/org/apache/cayenne/cayenne-tools/3.1M2/cayenne-tools-3.1M2.jar
95K downloaded  (cayenne-tools-3.1M2.jar)
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.cayenne.unpublished:cayenne-project-unpublished:jar:3.1M2

 Then, install it using the command:
     mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.cayenne.unpublished -DartifactId=cayenne-project-unpublished
-Dversion=3.1M2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

 Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.cayenne.unpublished -DartifactId=cayenne-project-unpublished
-Dversion=3.1M2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

 Path to dependency:
 	1) org.apache.cayenne.plugins:maven-cayenne-plugin:maven-plugin:3.1M2
 	2) org.apache.cayenne.unpublished:cayenne-project-unpublished:jar:3.1M2

----------

Andrus

On Apr 7, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Marcin Skladaniec wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm talking about maven-cayenne-plugin based on the 3.1M2 branch, link: http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.cayenne.plugins/maven-cayenne-plugin/3.1M2
>
> you can see it is dependent on cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished and cayenne-project-unpublished.
none of those projects exist in maven central.
> the two other dependencies (cayenne-server and cayenne-tools) are there.
>
> Is that possible that you have local repository with those dependencies, therefore you
are not seeing this problems?

> Marcin
>

> On 7/04/11 5:23 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> Are we talking about the Modeler plugin (maven-cayenne-modeler-plugin) or cgen plugin
(maven-cayenne-plugin)? Myself and my team are using cgen plugin in 3.1M2 with no problems.
Of course there's an easy workaround for a broken Modeler plugin - use the Modeler from download
:-)

>> In either case please open a Jira with Maven errors.
>>
>> Andrus
>>
>> On Apr 7, 2011, at 10:16 AM, Marcin Skladaniec wrote:

>>> We are referencing the cayenne maven plugin (cgen) as in http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/maven2-plugins.html:
>>>
>>> <build>
>>> <plugins>
>>>   <plugin>
>>>      <groupId>org.apache.cayenne.plugins</groupId>
>>>      <artifactId>maven-cayenne-plugin</artifactId>
>>>      <version>3.1M2</version>
>>>   </plugin>
>>> </plugins>
>>>
>>> </build>
>>>
>>> During build  maven tries to fetch the *.unpublished jars/poms from repo, and
fails.

mentioned IIRC. Not sure what's the status of those (do we have a Jira?) and whether anyone
actually *tried* using it with a clean local repo?
>>> Yes, I did. Deleted whole local m2 repo. No difference.
>>> Also tried to create the targets from the 3.1M2 tags to add them to our 3rd party
repo, but could not get past the tests for some reason. I know I could have tried to bypass
the tests with -Dmaven.test.skip=true, but then it will be a workaround on top of other workaround,
so I stopped.
>>> As for now the 3.1M2 is unusable for us, and presumably other developers relying
on the plugin, shall I open a jira?