cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Maven: Use of objectstyle.org/maven2 repository
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 12:29:00 GMT
On 18/04/11 6:51 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> * com.atlassian.confluence:confluence-soap:2.0. This is to extract documentation from
Confluence. We can put some extra effort and build the SOAP client ourselves (should be trivial
in theory). However this may not be needed. ASF Infra is moving full speed to kill Confluence-as-site-engine
and we should start thinking about switching to the new ASF CMS.

I've spent a lot of time over the last year working with docbook and am finding it really
rather nice. Its advantages over the latest ASF CMS efforts are that you write semantic documentation,
rather than crafting it into html around the design. This means, amongst other things, that
we can easily produce pdf/html/etc formats. I have lots of examples if people are interested
in seeing it.

I've also got the maven build scripts for producing docbook worked out in detail, so I can
easily contribute all that.

The main downside, is that all the docs need to be rewritten. And that's lots of lots of work.
The best docbook editor available is Oxygen Author (not a free product).  I'd be happy to
set up the basic structure of the docs, the build scripts and a few pages. But I'll not have
the time to rewrite all the pages. If the consensus is yes to docbook, I am happy to get the
first part done.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis