cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1090951 - in /cayenne/main/trunk: ./ build-tools/cayenne-test-utilities/ build-tools/maven-cayenne-build-plugin/ build-tools/maven-cayenne-doc-plugin/ docs/doc/ framework/cayenne-client/ framework/cayenne-di-unpublished/ framework/cayenne-...
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:20:03 GMT
On 11/04/11 5:15 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> It did find the version till now. But I guess that was Maven 2.

Maven 2 just complains less.

> Also I hope that doesn't affect behavior of the released versions of the artifacts imported
by other projects.

I'm not changing the dependencies, only how maven can find them when you build. Now it finds
them in the source and we don't need to install before building.

>> >  But I remember that you didn't like that for a reason I can't remember.
> The reason was that the end user apps need to import a bunch of garbage along the parent
pom dependency chain. Now it is just a single parent POM. I still wish we could produce self
contained cayenne-server and cayenne-client artifacts.

Just another pom, no other jars, so the garbage is limited. But since every maven project
has the same parent/child thing going on, I don't think people will care much.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis