cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1090951 - in /cayenne/main/trunk: ./ build-tools/cayenne-test-utilities/ build-tools/maven-cayenne-build-plugin/ build-tools/maven-cayenne-doc-plugin/ docs/doc/ framework/cayenne-client/ framework/cayenne-di-unpublished/ framework/cayenne-...
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:15:49 GMT
It did find the version till now. But I guess that was Maven 2.

Also I hope that doesn't affect behavior of the released versions of the artifacts imported
by other projects.

> But I remember that you didn't like that for a reason I can't remember.

The reason was that the end user apps need to import a bunch of garbage along the parent pom
dependency chain. Now it is just a single parent POM. I still wish we could produce self contained
cayenne-server and cayenne-client artifacts.

Andrus

On Apr 11, 2011, at 10:06 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> On 11/04/11 5:03 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> Do we really need these?
>
> How else will maven find the parent from the child pom? Without it, maven3 does not find
any of the version numbers of any dependency. These make about 500 warnings go away and ensure
that dependency versioning is only in the main parent pom.

> A better solution would be to create proper inheritance where the 'middle' level poms
(like the one in /framework/pom.xml) are part of the inheritance tree. That is the standard
maven way. But I remember that you didn't like that for a reason I can't remember.