cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1090951 - in /cayenne/main/trunk: ./ build-tools/cayenne-test-utilities/ build-tools/maven-cayenne-build-plugin/ build-tools/maven-cayenne-doc-plugin/ docs/doc/ framework/cayenne-client/ framework/cayenne-di-unpublished/ framework/cayenne-...
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:36:11 GMT

On Apr 11, 2011, at 10:20 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

>> The reason was that the end user apps need to import a bunch of garbage along the
parent pom dependency chain. Now it is just a single parent POM. I still wish we could produce
self contained cayenne-server and cayenne-client artifacts.

> Just another pom, no other jars, so the garbage is limited. But since every maven project
has the same parent/child thing going on, I don't think people will care much.

Yeah, maybe I should get over the idea that we can produce self-contained artifacts. Even
aggregated jars is already a hack from Maven standpoint, but sadly Maven has no separation
of the internal and external view of the project code. I am having hard time accepting this.

So maybe we'll think of another module refactoring... Move cayenne-server and cayenne-client
up a level (also cayenne-tools, lifecycle, project), and then implement clean hierarchical
poms. Will need to think about it.

Andrus