cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Maven: Use of objectstyle.org/maven2 repository
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 08:51:35 GMT
(this is the first of 2 Maven threads that I am starting, following our recent conversations).

We use it to load artifacts that are not available in central. It would be great to get rid
of it completely, so let's see what we can do. Artifacts loaded from it are in the following
categories:

* public open source projects (IIRC some versions of Hessian. maybe others). We should identify
those and submit them to central ourselves.

* jdbc-compat that is our hack to compile Java 1.5 code (we still maintain full 1.5 compatibility
of Cayenne 3.0 and 3.1) with Java 1.6. I don't think it is appropriate to post it to central.
Maybe move it to Cayenne build-tools, so that it sits in our own build tree? Don't think it
creates any licensing issues as long as we don't deploy it anywhere.

* com.atlassian.confluence:confluence-soap:2.0. This is to extract documentation from Confluence.
We can put some extra effort and build the SOAP client ourselves (should be trivial in theory).
However this may not be needed. ASF Infra is moving full speed to kill Confluence-as-site-engine
and we should start thinking about switching to the new ASF CMS.

Andrus