cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: maven plugin dependencies
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:36:33 GMT
Just fixed CAY-1555 on trunk. Now wonder how we test it before the release? Need to read on
Apache artifact staging repo I guess.

Andrus

On Apr 7, 2011, at 4:44 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> FYI: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1555
>
> On Apr 7, 2011, at 1:17 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Ok, Ari's message was about the Modeler plugin, so that took me in the wrong direction...
I just did a "clean room" test on cgen, and as I expected "provided" plugins are not the problem.
"cayenne-project-unpublished" is the problem though. So yes, this is a bug, and until we fix
it, the workaround is to build from M2 tag locally and install missing deps in a corporate
repo.

>> Andrus
>>
>> Downloading: http://pa-wikis01.nhl.com:8124/artifactory/plugins-releases/org/apache/cayenne/cayenne-tools/3.1M2/cayenne-tools-3.1M2.jar
>> 95K downloaded  (cayenne-tools-3.1M2.jar)
>> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>>
>> Missing:
>> ----------
>> 1) org.apache.cayenne.unpublished:cayenne-project-unpublished:jar:3.1M2
>>
>> Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>>
>> Then, install it using the command:
>>    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.cayenne.unpublished -DartifactId=cayenne-project-unpublished
-Dversion=3.1M2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

>> Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>>    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.cayenne.unpublished -DartifactId=cayenne-project-unpublished
-Dversion=3.1M2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

>> Path to dependency:
>> 	1) org.apache.cayenne.plugins:maven-cayenne-plugin:maven-plugin:3.1M2
>> 	2) org.apache.cayenne.unpublished:cayenne-project-unpublished:jar:3.1M2
>>
>> ----------
>>

>> Andrus
>>

>> On Apr 7, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Marcin Skladaniec wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm talking about maven-cayenne-plugin based on the 3.1M2 branch, link: http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.cayenne.plugins/maven-cayenne-plugin/3.1M2
>>>
>>> you can see it is dependent on cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished and cayenne-project-unpublished.
none of those projects exist in maven central.
>>> the two other dependencies (cayenne-server and cayenne-tools) are there.
>>>
>>> Is that possible that you have local repository with those dependencies, therefore
you are not seeing this problems?

>>> Marcin

cgen plugin (maven-cayenne-plugin)? Myself and my team are using cgen plugin in 3.1M2 with
no problems. Of course there's an easy workaround for a broken Modeler plugin - use the Modeler
from download :-)

causes where mentioned IIRC. Not sure what's the status of those (do we have a Jira?) and
whether anyone actually *tried* using it with a clean local repo?
3rd party repo, but could not get past the tests for some reason. I know I could have tried
to bypass the tests with -Dmaven.test.skip=true, but then it will be a workaround on top of
other workaround, so I stopped.
relying on the plugin, shall I open a jira?