cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Razumovsky <razumovsky.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1M2
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 15:50:54 GMT
I'm +1. I don't use that anywhere in production, but I've played with
the modeler and have addressed source code recently. The issues fixed
look very improtant, so we should deploy the version ASAP. The only
technical questions I have are:
* Should we close/retarget single issue left for M2 in JIRA? [1]
* Is it fine to release with obsolete (2010) license year in CM
"About" dialog (I'll change that in trunk right now)

Thanks,
Andrey

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+CAY+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.1M2%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

2011/3/1 Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>:
> Very cool.
>
> And we need just one more volunteer.
>
> (BTW, committers who are not PMC members are more than welcome to evaluate the release
and vote on it as well. It won't be a binding vote, but it will still be very valuable.)

> Andrus
>
> On Mar 1, 2011, at 5:34 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrus,
>>
>> My intention is to check it out tonight from home since I can't seem
>> to build at work.  I was going to do that last night, but was overcome
>> by events.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> mrg
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>> Actually we need 3 PMC +1's to make it an Apache release. I don't think we can
bypass that. So I have no problem if voting takes more time, but we do it properly.

>>> What about other PMC members - who else can take a look at it?
>>>
>>> Andrus

this last fortnight. But in principal I think this is a very good time for M2 and even without
more votes from committers who can test it, I say put it out there... this is only a milestone
after all, not a beta or final release.

finished release preparation and posted it here: