cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Ksenia Khailenko <xenia_khaile...@tut.by>
Subject Re: GSoC tasks?
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:31:24 GMT
Hi there! Here is the definition of the task, I'd like to publish in Jira:

Cayenne Modeler integration with Eclipse IDE

Create such an eclipse plugin that will help to work with Cayenne Modeler
project synchronized with Eclipse project. The basic goals are:
1. Start Cayenne Modeler from Eclipse (Cayenne Modeler application is based
on Java Swing, so, actually the task is starting a standalone application by
the plugin from Eclipse IDE)
2. Synchronize Cayenne Modeler and Eclipse IDE workflows, ie running mapping
java classes generation on changing Cayenne model, autorefresh of the
corresponded entities of the Eclipse project, etc
3. Switching between the Java code in Eclipse IDE and the Model in Cayenne
Modeler(and vice versa), based on user selections (eg jumping from Cayenne
ObjEntity to the related Java class)
4. Provide several ways of installing created plugin to Eclipse(simple
plugin, update site)

Any comments?

--
Regards, Ksenia Khailenko