cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Modeler issues
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 20:23:00 GMT
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2011, at 6:07 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> The first time I tried to delete an attribute in the modeler it
>> opened an empty confirm window.  Clicking the close button (on the
>> window, because the confirm window was empty) threw an exception.  I
>> couldn't reproduce this.
>
> Do you have a stack trace for it? (often those are printed in the OSX Console).

Yes, but it is at home.  I can post it later.  And I was on Linux at
the time (Ubuntu).  First time I had ever run the modeler on Linux,
too.  Not sure if that is related or not, though.

>> Also, when creating a custom test model, I
>> accidentally tried to create a relationship name with the same name as
>> an attribute.  Clicking the "Done" button in the relationship
>> inspector didn't do anything.  Clicking it again closed the window,
>> but the relationship didn't exist.  This should probably produce a
>> warning of some kind as it took me several attempts to realize my
>> mistake.
>
> IIRC we didn't handle it well in 3.0 either. I wish we implement some "inline" error
messages, like Eclipse does - just show an error in the same window while the user is typing.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I haven't thought through it a
whole lot yet.

Thanks,

mrg