cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: GSoC tasks?
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 08:37:01 GMT
Hi Eshan,

On Mar 25, 2011, at 10:01 AM, Eshan Sudharaka wrote:

>> 2. Synchronize Cayenne Modeler and Eclipse IDE workflows, ie running
>> mapping
>> java classes generation on changing Cayenne model, autorefresh of the
>> corresponded entities of the Eclipse project, etc
>>
> Does this synchronization should managed in both ways? i mean when a change
> is done in java class should reflect in the   Cayenne Modeler ?

Good question. Support for updating the mapping files on refactoring of persistent objects
in Eclipse would be cool. Though in the context of a GSoC project I'd suggest to treat it
as a "bonus task" outside of the "required" scope. I.e. it is more important for us to get
a working and usable plugin out there with a minimal set of useful functionality vs. having
lots of unfinished features that we can not release.

So my suggestion would be to initially focus on a small production-quality plugin, and keep
in mind possible future improvements.

Andrus