cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Article
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:29:15 GMT
On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Robert Zeigler
<robert.zeigler@roxanemy.com> wrote:
>> * Cayenne objects are NOT proxied.  Cayenne objects are OO
>> (inheritance) while Hibernate objects are POJOs (which are then
>> proxied).
>
>  :) Note that this actually means that using hibernate /does/ involve inheritance, but
it inverts the inheritance structure (hibernate proxies are ultimately subclasses of your
POJO's).  But hibernate proxies can result in some really hard to understand exceptions.
;)

I agree completely with you here, Robert.  I'm tried to explain to
people many times about the inverted inheritance and proxied nature of
Hibernate (often without a lot of success).  It makes it hard to debug
(especially stepping through with a debugger).

mrg