cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Regarding Google Summer Of Code 2011
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:54:42 GMT
Hi Eshan, Ari --

I may suggest a few projects (and post them on GSoC wiki) if you don't come up with one on
your own. I have some ideas that may be a little too advanced for a person who's never been
involved with Cayenne either as a user or developer (e.g. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAY/Runtime+Metadata+Merging
), but we can think of other projects too.

As I mentioned in my earlier off-list reply to Eshan, it probably makes sense to get the code
out of SVN, build it, try the tutorials, and poke around the framework. Of course if he can
help us with some of the smaller issues right away (CAY-1526, CAY-1518, CAY-1525 to name a
few), that should boost the proposal chances by demonstrating the ability to work with our
code.

(A disclaimer: the above of course doesn't guarantee acceptance, and may end up being "free
work". But if you are interested in open source, which I hope you are, this should be a great
experience on its own).

Cheers,
Andrus

On Feb 21, 2011, at 4:19 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'd suggest looking through Jira for a number of places where help is required. Feature
requests live in there, as well as discussions about strategies for implementation. What is
suitable for you will depend entirely on your skill levels and interests.