cayenne-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrus Adamchik <>
Subject Re: preparing 3.1M2
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:35:55 GMT
Yeah, I'd say writing about 3.1 is probably the best bet now. While nobody is working on Cayenne
full-time, we have still made some great progress. I only have one major new feature for 3.1:
support for merging multiple configs into one in runtime (much easier to implement in 3.1
than it was before). After that we can freeze a beta.

Considering our current level of involvement, all the other ambitious projects, like generics
in queries, should probably go in 3.2. 


On Feb 21, 2011, at 4:17 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:
> I fear 3.1 will be ready before I finish writing about 3.0.  :-)
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Andrus Adamchik <> wrote:
>> Heads up. I am done with my high-priority fixes for 3.1 and going to assemble a release
for voting shortly.
>> I'd love to fix more bugs before the release (such as CAY-1526, etc.), but considering
everybody's lack of time, I think those should wait. IMO it is very important to make much
more serious fixes available to our early adopters ASAP. (I am one of those adopters, and
M1 wasn't good enough for me to use in production. M2 should be, unless I checked in some
nasty bug in the last couple of days :-)).
>> Andrus
>> On Feb 13, 2011, at 11:08 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>> I think it is a good time to start thinking about 3.1M2. I've fixed a number
of critical issues that caused production problems with M1, we have lots of new cool things
(cayenne-lifecycle), and we also have a number of early adopters. My own pre-M2 TODO is to
finish some serialization related testing. If there are no objections, after that I am going
to start M2 release procedure.
>>> Andrus

View raw message