cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Inclusion of cayenne-lifecycle in 3.1
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:53:20 GMT
On 27/01/11 2:35 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> So I am suggestion to move cayenne-mixin to the main development tree from sandbox (under
the name "cayenne-lifecycle") and include it in 3.1 releases as a separate jar. This will
allow our users to get the "official" builds of cayenne-lifecycle, and hopefully won't create
release scheduling conflicts between the core and lifecycle.

The concepts appear to be extremely useful, but I'm not understanding why they don't just
go into the core jar. Is it because they still need extra work? Or do they interfere with
the existing lifecycle events in some way?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis