cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Inclusion of cayenne-lifecycle in 3.1
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:19:02 GMT
The main building blocks (DataChannelFilter and lifecycle annotations) are already in the core.
The rest of it is still evolving, so I just feel more comfortable to assign it an "extension"
status at this point (maybe implying it can go away, or is supported differently than the
core). In the future we may decide to move it to the core.

Andrus

On Jan 27, 2011, at 12:53 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> On 27/01/11 2:35 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> So I am suggestion to move cayenne-mixin to the main development tree from sandbox
(under the name "cayenne-lifecycle") and include it in 3.1 releases as a separate jar. This
will allow our users to get the "official" builds of cayenne-lifecycle, and hopefully won't
create release scheduling conflicts between the core and lifecycle.

> The concepts appear to be extremely useful, but I'm not understanding why they don't
just go into the core jar. Is it because they still need extra work? Or do they interfere
with the existing lifecycle events in some way?