cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [OT] InnoDB is no longer free?
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 01:19:21 GMT
This explains current MySQL licensing:

http://www.infoq.com/news/2010/11/MySQL-Classic-InnoDB

So there's still InnoDB in the free Community Edition, but looks like Oracle will keep everybody
nervous for a while one way or another:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/06/oracle_dueling_jvms/

Andrus

On Nov 4, 2010, at 10:20 AM, Michael Gentry wrote:
> I thought at first maybe they just meant the pricing if you want a
> support contract, but the more I look at that page the more I'm
> convinced that isn't the intention.
>
> mrg
>
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> Yeah, possibly it is just how they present it to the users (there is a free InnoDB,
they just don't want you to know about, hence intentional confusion)... This is why I put
question marks in the message - didn't sound quite right...