cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: [OT] InnoDB is no longer free?
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 14:10:18 GMT
They can't un-GPL the code they have released. Although that is a very odd product page from
Snorcle, there is no current reason to stop using InnoDB:

   http://www.innodb.com/products/innodb/license/

Still, you can't wonder what their strategy is in the medium term... I am sure the MariaDB
people are very happy with their new marketshare.

Ari

On 5/11/10 12:48 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> http://www.mysql.com/products/
>
> Saw this mentioned on the WO list. So it looks like the free version of MySQL can't use
InnoDB (??). Oracle's acquisitions are finally paying off ... for them. PostgreSQL suddenly
looks very attractive again.

--
Aristedes Maniatis