cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [OT] InnoDB is no longer free?
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 14:15:06 GMT
Yeah, possibly it is just how they present it to the users (there is a free InnoDB, they just
don't want you to know about, hence intentional confusion)... This is why I put question marks
in the message - didn't sound quite right...

Andrus

On Nov 4, 2010, at 10:09 AM, Andrei Veprev wrote:

> But what about Community Edition http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/ ?
>
> On 4 November 2010 15:48, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> http://www.mysql.com/products/
>>
>> Saw this mentioned on the WO list. So it looks like the free version of MySQL can't
use InnoDB (??). Oracle's acquisitions are finally paying off ... for them. PostgreSQL suddenly
looks very attractive again.