cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From "mahmoud sakr" <ma7moud.s...@hotmail.com>
Subject URGENT, Need Help Please
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 13:37:35 GMT

Dear Sir/Madam,
please, I need your help
I have a problem in encoding
am developing a web application using jsf, cayenne and mysql database,
my application is in arabic
I have no problem in fetching arabic data from database.
but when update or insert data in arabic through the application
the arabic data is converted into "???????? "
the, the logger write a query with "??????" instead of arabic data
this is the console message

INFO QueryLogger: --- will run 1 query.

INFO QueryLogger: --- transaction started.

INFO QueryLogger: UPDATE transactions SET comment = ? WHERE trn_id = ?

INFO QueryLogger: [bind: '?????????', 11147]

INFO QueryLogger: === updated 1 row.

INFO QueryLogger: +++ transaction committed.

I debuged, and found the the problem is when commiting changes through datacontext object
i.e it's a cayenne problem not Java or jsf problem
I had made all encoding setting in the poject,
but still the problem exists
please, I need your help.
please reply

thanks