cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release 3.0.1
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:22:58 GMT
Hi Mike,

thanks for doing due diligence.

On Aug 16, 2010, at 6:14 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

> Does the code build:  cayenne-3.0.1.tar.gz -- I found no instructions
> on building the code from the source package we distribute.  I don't
> see any build files either.

No it doesn't, and it has never been the goal (ok, not since 1.0 when
we provided Ant buildfile). It is practically impossible to do that as
the build system is ... well, complex. I am sure most non-C Apache
projects won't let you build from sources in the distro.

> LICENSE file:
> NOTICE file:
>
> Are we still using HSQLDB, Scope, and JGoodies in this release?  We
> don't include them in the 3rd party jars directory.

We do - embedded in the Modeler .jar or .app.

> Since we are distributing vpp-2.2.1.jar, don't we need to include the
> bsd license for it in LICENSE.txt and NOTICES.txt?
>
> http://vpp.sourceforge.net/LICENSE

Doh! I think we missed this one. I'll take care of it and repost the
artifacts.

Andrus