cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Buildable source packages
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:58:59 GMT
Moving this to a separate thread:

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Andrus Adamchik
<andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> It is practically impossible to do that as the
> build system is ... well, complex. I am sure most non-C Apache projects
> won't let you build from sources in the distro.

I wasn't really going to respond to this since I didn't think there
was any ambiguity in the requirements.   But since it's come up...

All of the other Apache java projects I've used can build from the
distro source release.

I don't see making cayenne build from the distro as an impossible
task.  If the svn checkout can build, then it should be a simple
matter to copy that build tree into the distro.

I will agree that's an ugly build system, but that's been the case
ever since we switched to maven.