cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From "Eugene R." <apparition...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing "other contributors" list
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:21:54 GMT
> ...... Let's
> add to that list from time to time when needed, but I think it is useful to
> have a place to acknowledge people who contribute.

Like this idea more.

But there is still problem:

>.... we don't have a clear criteria of whom to list in this
> section, and IMO should treat everybody equally by removing this section.

Also like idea about treating everybody equally.

I suggest to use this list for everybody who submitted a single patch
which was approved and committed to SVN.
Also we can add some documentation contributors, those who describe at
least some peace of functionality (like page size).

> Also, I think we probably would have a list a mile long if we included
> everyone who made a minor contribution.

And it will be cool!
It will show that project is alive, that community is great and small
regrets to everyone who have contribute.

Evgeny.

2010/8/25 Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com>:
> I would say that we should remove it for the reasons you stated.
> Also, I think we probably would have a list a mile long if we included
> everyone who made a minor contribution.
>
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> http://cayenne.apache.org/contributors.html
>>
>> I was thinking we should remove the list of names from the "Other Contributors" section
in the bottom. This list worked well when Cayenne was 2 years old, now that it is 9, it no
longer makes any sense. The problem is not about the listed folks, but rather that there are
many more people who did something comparable for Cayenne (like submitting a single patch,
or reporting and investigating a non-obvious bug).